Are you ready for Amazon Prime Day 2017?
Do you like to get your Christmas shopping done early? Well there’s no time like July! You might want to mark your calendars, because starting at 6pm PST/ 9pm EST July 10 it’s Amazon Prime Day 2017! It’s kind of like Black Friday in the middle of summer. And you don’t even need to stand in line or risk getting punched in the face for that $200 television.
But in order to celebrate Amazon Prime day, you have to be a Prime member. So I’m going to explain some of the benefits of joining prime and show you how you can try Prime free so you can take advantage of Amazon Prime Day!
What is so great about Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a paid service that gives Amazon shoppers some amazing perks. For only $99 a year (or $10.99 per month) you can get items fulfilled by Amazon with free 2 day or even 1 day shipping in eligible zip codes. If you are a frequent Amazon shopper, the membership fee alone will pay for itself with how much you will save in shipping.
- Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes with titles for everyone on demand. Amazon even also has their own original television shows like Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, and Dr. Thorne that are available through their streaming video service included with Amazon Prime.
- Borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. Amazon has over 800,000 E-books available to download! With Amazon Prime, you can borrow up to 10 “kindle unlimited” books at a time for free, and you can change out the books anytime you want. The Kindle app is FREE for most smartphones or tablets.
- Save up to 20% on diapers or other baby and toddler products. Amazon Family is included FREE for all Prime members. All you need to do is create a child profile when you sign up. You can also get a 15% Baby Registry completion discount.
- FREE Music streaming. Amazon Prime offers unlimited commercial free access to over a million songs, personalized stations, and thousands of playlists. There are even exclusive albums only available to Prime members.
- Access to Amazon Prime Pantry. Prime Pantry is a store where Amazon Prime members can shop for groceries and other household items without having to buy in bulk. However, Prime Pantry items do not ship for free and expedited shipping is not available. They charge a flat delivery fee of $5.99 per box (you can fill one box with several items), but you get the convenience of not having to leave your house.
- Major perks for college students. College students can enjoy FREE two-day shipping on textbooks, special deals and promotions exclusively for students, and enjoy the same advantages as regular prime members for 50% off the regular price. Yeah, that’s only $49 bucks a year for you young whipper-snappers.
Why I love Amazon Prime
One of my favorite things about Amazon Prime is that two adults living in the same household can share Amazon Prime. So technically if you split the cost between yourself and your spouse or roommate, that makes your membership only $49.50 per year!
And if you already have Amazon prime, why not share the love by giving Amazon prime as a gift to a loved one or family member? For $33, you can get 3 months of Amazon Prime. And for $99 you can hook them up for the whole year!
What is Amazon Prime Day?
To celebrate Amazon’s 20 year anniversary, they created something called Amazon Prime Day. Prime Day is a one-day only global shopping event exclusively for Prime members. Prime day features over 100,000 deals exclusively for Prime members in nearly all departments and categories.
And because it was so successful last year, that they are doing it again this year. The hot sellers were things like computers, electronics, home goods, and toys. But you may also see sales for weird or unique items that you never knew you wanted.
Amazon Prime Day 2017 runs from 6pm pst/9pm est July 10 for 30 hours through July 11.
What kind of deals can you expect on Amazon Prime Day 2017?
Amazon Prime Day hosts what they call “Lightning Sales”. These sales feature bargains that last for a short period of time, changing as fast as every 5-10 minutes. You gotta be quick! So if you have been saving your hard earned cash for a new television or computer, or maybe you need supplies for back to school, you can stay up to date with the latest sales by setting up alerts with the Amazon App.
The Good and the Bad about Amazon Prime Day
The Good: Summertime is usually the slowest time of the year for many businesses. People are out enjoying the warm weather and often going on vacations. Therefore lots of e-commerce businesses can feel the brunt of the slower economy. But since Amazon Prime Day occurs in July, this temporarily boost sales helping Amazon sellers get over the summer slump.
The Bad: I work for a shipping company that is contracted with an Amazon seller and I am dreading it. Right now I should be enjoying the slower season, but with Amazon Prime Day, I’m going to be working super long hours and go a little crazy for the next several weeks. Boo! But of course, this is a personal problem.
How you can get in on Amazon Prime Day for FREE
To get in on Amazon Prime Day, you have to be an Amazon Prime Member – at least temporarily. Just sign up for an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial before July 10, 2017.
Then after you’ve nabbed all the deals, you can simply cancel your membership with no strings attached. So what do you have to lose?
Are you excited for Amazon Prime Day 2017? What kinds of things are on your wish list? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for writing this post, but it does contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated a small amount if you click through and purchase. Full disclosure policy here.**