I took a little break from the blog last week because the hubby and I just launched our first Indiegogo Campaign! If you’ve never heard of Indiegogo, it’s basically a fundraising site to help small businesses raise money to accomplish a goal. Our big idea is what we call the Mobile Garden System and we haven’t really seen anything like it!
So What Exactly IS a Mobile Garden System?
It’s basically a vertical garden rack on wheels that allows you to have a container garden anywhere. It has always been a dream of mine to have a little farm where we can grow our own vegetables. But since we live in Phoenix, AZ where the weather hits the triple digits for about 7 months out of the year, it is nearly impossible for us to grow ANYTHING! The summer heat is just unbearable here and then we deal with biting cold winters where the plants get hit with frost. Plus since the west half of the country is in drought, we also have to watch our water consumption. We also rent our home, so what good is it to plant a garden in someone else’s yard? Needless to say, the idea of growing our own vegetables felt like a pipe dream.
One day my hubby, who is a welder by trade and has quite the green thumb, came up with this really cool idea. He designed a vertical mobile garden rack system that allows you to move the garden out of intense sun in the summer and frost conditions in the winter. After much discussion with friends and family, we were told that we really might be on to something. We are on a really strict budget, but we hesitantly dipped into our savings to begin the patent process and acquired a business license. And that’s how Mobile Garden Systems LLC was born!
10 Reasons Why You’ll Love the Mobile Garden System
- Saves money – grow your own fresh vegetables or flowers. No more shopping at the grocery store for tomatoes or bell peppers.
- Saves water – This system, when combined with drip irrigation (not included) cuts back on water usage and maintenance. This is especially helpful with the current drought conditions in many parts of the country.
- Adjustable tilt racks – You can have them tilted for easy pruning or keep the shelves upright for no-mess watering with a watering can or hose.
- Little to no weeds and less pests – Since the plants are not on the ground or in a raised planter bed, you greatly reduce the amount of weeds and creepy crawlies that can wreck havoc on your lovely garden.
- Easy assembly – All you need is a screwdriver and a wrench.
- Rolls into any location – Casters allow you to put the garden anywhere in your yard for optimal sun. You can re-position your garden anytime to adjust with the seasons or bring indoors in cases of extreme weather. You don’t even need a yard.
- Compact size – Max depth is 23″ which allows you to have a whole garden on a narrow balcony or patio. And with the vertical design, you can grow your own salad bar in an urban city apartment.
- Take your garden with you – Now if you move to a new home, you can just take your entire garden with you. Just roll it onto the moving truck!
- Low maintenance – Individual pots allow you to easily manage your garden.
- Patent pending – There is nothing quite like this on the market. Yeah, we can’t believe it either!
Check out our video below…
The Mobile Garden System design is comprised of tube steel and hand welded right here in Phoenix, AZ. It is currently available in Peacock Blue and John Deere Green, but more colors will be available in the future. All of our racks will have the following features:
Full Stack Prototype holds up to 20 plants + a seedling tray – Includes 3 tilting tiers with 12 small pots, a seedling rack, a wide bottom shelf which can hold up to 6 of your own medium sized plants, and 2 side shelves for bigger plants. The top shelf is removable so you can grow a taller plant or have a tomato cage. Drip irrigation system is sold separately. Dimensions: 63″H x 46″W x 23″D
*Due to agricultural regulations, seeds, potting soil, and plants are not included.
Who is this product for?
- Families on a budget. It’s a relaxing hobby for adults and a fantastic learning tool for children.
- Seniors. This is a way to garden without the hassle of digging in the ground. No more crawling on your hands and knees.
- Environmentalists. Water conservation is an important issue right now. This allows people to use minimal water and still grow their own fresh vegetables or flowers.
- School Teachers. Wouldn’t this make an excellent class project? You can assign each student a pot to plant seeds, water, and grow throughout the school year. This would allow them to see the entire plant cycle over the course of weeks and eat the vegetables at the end.
- Renters. You don’t have to be a home owner to have a beautiful garden. You can take your garden with you from house to house.
- Apartment dwellers. Because the Mobile Garden System is vertical, it can be used on an apartment balcony in the city. Great for people who want to try their hand at urban farming!
- Those who do not have a yard. This product is perfect for use on a concrete patio or wooden deck.
- People who live in extreme climates. A stationary garden or raised planter bed can’t always tolerate intense heat or cold. But with the Mobile Garden System, you can roll your plants into the shade or even bring it inside if you need to. Now you don’t have to cover up your plants when it’s freezing outside!
Where Can You Get the Mobile Garden System?
If you would like to be one of the first people to own a Mobile Garden System, it is currently only available on our IndieGogo Page in very limited quantities. We are selling the “Full Stack” at an introductory low price of only $259 + free shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States!
All money earned from this campaign will be used to purchase tools and materials, create additional design options and features, acquire packaging, and develop our website to make this product available to sell nationwide.
We understand that times are tough and it may be hard to donate or provide monetary help. If you or anyone you know would be interested in a product like this or want to help support our campaign, we would greatly appreciate it if you could simply spread the word by sharing via Facebook, Twitter, or other social media.
To learn more and to see how you can own a Mobile Garden System at this introductory price, please visit our campaign page for details. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for our latest updates and developments!
What do you think of the Mobile Garden System? I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, or suggestions!