I often work 10-12 hours at my job where I’m hunched over a computer all day and I end up with an aching back, neck, and shoulders. I’m in the logistics industry and our trucks come equipped with massage chairs so I always joke that I would like to spend my lunch hour sitting in driver’s seat. My boss said, I was more than welcome to use the truck, but knowing how much I’m into freebies, he said why don’t you just try to get one free? So when I saw the Naturalico Shiatsu Massager on my favorite freebie site Tomoson, I was like “Bingo!”
So let’s see how this works…
What exactly is a Shiatsu Massage?
According to Wikipedia: “In the Japanese language, shiatsu means “finger pressure”. Shiatsu techniques include massages with fingers, thumbs, feet and palms; assisted stretching; and joint manipulation and mobilization.“
Since Shiatsu focuses on pressure points, this type of massage is a little stronger and focuses on individual spots on the body to work out the kinks. For some, Shiatsu might be a little too rough. As for me, I don’t mind a little extra pressure. In my mind, that is how I know it’s working. Although it is not always the most pleasurable feeling, I like the idea that it is loosening up the knots on my back.
But while nothing beats the feeling of getting a real live massage, there is not always room in my budget for that. So that is where your own personal shiatsu massager can come in handy!
Different types of Home Massagers
There are lots of different electronic massagers on the market. They typically either vibrate, provide percussion (beating), rolling, or shiatsu. You can get a hand-held, pillow, foot, or chair massage. They also have a variety of features such as:
- Remote control
- Heat therapy
- Infrared therapy
- Air compression
- Rolling movement
Personally, I don’t really understand the purpose or benefit of a vibrating massage. They usually just tingle and make me rather itchy.
What makes the Naturalico Shiatsu Massager different?
The Naturalico Shiatsu Massager has some very nice features:
- It contains special silicone and “nipple” shape massage heads which offer a smoother massage.
- 4 deep kneading massage nodes
- Advanced heating function which helps to soothe aching muscles
- Overheat protection devices with a 20-min auto shut-off feature.
- Multi-directional massage. It switches direction automatically unless you use the manual directional function.
- Has a car cigarette lighter adapter so you can use it in your car.
My thoughts on the Naturalico Shiatsu Massager
- I like that you can use it all over your body.
- It provides a deep massage and really gets into your nooks and crannies.
- The heat function is a nice touch.
- You can wrap it around your waist for hands free use on your lower back or simply drape it over your shoulders for upper back massage.
- The electric cord is very short. This means you have to be sitting near an electrical outlet. Makes it a little inconvenient to be tethered to the cord.
- The pressure is a little too strong in certain areas. It really hurts when I use it on my neck and feet.
- It’s not all that light-weight. It’s a little bulky to take to the office.
Overall I really like the Naturalico Shiatsu Massager. I whip it out anytime I feel stiff and sore and it feels great! I think this would make a really nice gift for a man or woman, or just get one for yourself!
You can find Naturalico Shiatsu Massager on Amazon for around $60.
What type of massage do you prefer? Do you prefer a deep touch or something a little gentler? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Disclosure: I received this product complimentary for review but all opinions are my own. I was not compensated for writing this post, but it does contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated a small amount if you click-through and purchase. Full disclosure policy here.**