Products for Reducing Body Fat & Cellulite
Summer is over and as we are heading into the holiday season, some of us might be a little anxious about what all that upcoming holiday eating might do to our figures. And while everyone knows a healthy diet and exercise is the best way to stay trim, it’s not for everybody. Watching what you eat definitely helps, it doesn’t really do much to help tone up your body. So this week I will be reviewing some products received complimentary from Tomoson.com that may assist with reducing body fat. We are always looking for a quick fix, but do the latest creams and gadgets really work? Today I’ll be reviewing a new cellulite cream on the market and a body fat measuring caliper which can help monitor your progress. As always, these are just my honest opinions but you can judge for yourself.
I am an avid calorie counter but I hate to work out. I’m just too lazy for that. But I like to monitor my weight and found this really cool body fat caliper kit from a company called Ozeri that I received complimentary in exchange for my honest review. The kit includes a caliper, tape measure, and a chart so you can see how you measure up. Here is a video to show you how it works. *Warning, you will be seeing my white belly, so if you have any sunglasses you might want to put them on first.
To start: Use on dry skin with no lotion or oil on it. There is a little slider thingy that you have to move all the way to the right side of the caliper. Make sure you move that thing over before you measure. Then grab the skin on the right side of your body with your right hand and pinch it. Then press the skin you are holding between the caliper tongs and watch where the slider stops. Record your results and repeat to make sure you are getting roughly the same results.
Next you can use the chart provided to compare your numbers with your age range. It provides you with your body fat percentage and lets you know which range you fall into from lean, ideal, average, or above average.
If you are very heavy, they recommend that you use the tape measure they provide instead. This is actually a really nice tape measure too! The tape is housed inside a plastic case and you can stretch it around your body and clip it in a little notch on the case. And you can click the button to tighten it up. When you are done using it, you just use that button to retract the tape back into it’s case. I love that! It’s so much better than those flimsy measuring tapes that are on the market. The only downside to this tape measure is that the inches are on the inside and the millimeters are on the outside. You can still see them easily enough, but I’m wondering if this was made for European countries rather than US. And there is no chart for measurements with the tape measure.
I think this is a really nifty kit for a great price. I highly recommend it for anyone into fitness, dieting, or for someone who simply wants to keep track of their body fat. You can find the Ozeri Body Fat Caliper on Amazon for around $10.
Alright you guys. I am going to lay it all on the line for you. I don’t typically use products like this because I don’t really believe that they work. But since I had the opportunity to try this product complimentary in exchange for my honest review I figured that I would give it a shot.
Here’s the skinny (pun intended). I am in my early 40’s with a 5 year old son. I used to have a really hot bod and a cute little butt back in my 20’s and early 30’s. But now I have what I like to call “Mom butt”. My butt, among other various body parts, has kind of deflated. I sit on it all day long at my office job, and then I sit on it some more when I get home. I know I should exercise, but I’m way too lazy for that. So it has become droopy with quite a bit of cellulite. I have been using the product twice a day as recommended for the past 4 out of 6 weeks. I have been applying it to my belly, butt, and back of my thighs where I need the most help.
*Warning – I am going to post graphic before and after pics of my lower butt and back of my thighs so you can see the ACTUAL results. I hope a little saggy butt cleavage and cellulite doesn’t bother you. But hey, if you are thinking about trying this product, you probably aren’t perfect either. 😉
Ok so here are my initial impressions:
1. This product smells amazing! It smells like an orange creamsicle. Really yummy!
2. I wouldn’t exactly call the warming sensation pleasant. Maybe I just have sensitive skin, but to me it actually stung a little bit. Which brings me to #3.
3. You will want to make sure you are wearing underwear or some kind of protection on your private parts when applying this product. No, I did not apply it to my private parts. But my inner thighs are neighbors, so a little bit of the cream accidentally got a little too close for comfort. Just trust me on this.
4. After applying the product WASH YOUR HANDS! Done? Good. Now wash them again! I learned this the hard way when after washing my hands once, I rubbed my eyes and YEOUCH! It was still lingering. So now I wash them twice after applying the product.
5. Here’s another tip. If the burning sensation is a bit too much for you, put some clothes on or sit on a towel or something. It goes away pretty quickly. Also after about a week or so of using the product, I think I built up a tolerance to the sensation. It doesn’t really bother me anymore.
6. The lotion spreads quickly and is easy to apply. There is a generous amount in the bottle so if you use it on target spots (as opposed to your entire body), you should be able to make the product last 4-6 weeks. I’m on week 4 and I think I should still have enough to use it for the full 6 weeks recommended.
7. It takes a while to dry. If you want to speed up the process, you can use a blow dryer or fan.
And now the results. While I still have a few nooks and crannies, I definitely see a little lifting action in my butt. Maybe it’s my imagination, but I think my thighs even look a little thinner. I plan to use up the entire bottle so I hopefully it will be even better in about 2 more weeks. The pictures speak for themselves, so you can be the judge. But please be kind. It’s not every day I reveal my mom butt to the world. You see what I do for you guys?! 🙂
You can find this Nivelazione Slim Thermo Active Fitness Serum on Amazon.
Do you think this cream worked or is it just my imagination? Have you ever tried a cellulite cream before and how did it work for you? I’d love to hear your recommendations.
Disclosure: These products were received complimentary in exchange for my honest review, but all opinions are my own. I was not compensated for writing this post, but it does contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated a small amount if you click through and purchase. Full disclosure policy here.**