Time Saving Skincare Products for Lazy People – Like Me
If you don’t already know by now, I am obsessed with my skin. And after a long, hard day of work, sometimes I’m too tired to even wash my face. So this week I’m going to talk about some convenient time saving skincare products for lazy people – like me. These 4 time saving skin care products make even mundane daily rituals like washing your face super quick and easy.
Time Saving Skincare Products – Micellar Water
Did you know that there are products out there that allow you to clean your skin without even having to get your hands wet? It’s called Micellar Water and it’s the one of the ultimate skincare products for lazy people!
What is Micellar Water?
Micellar Water is soft water that contains particles called micelles, which are tiny oil molecules which adhere to dirt, grime, and makeup on your skin and essentially dissolve them. It is basically a makeup remover and cleanser all in one. No water required. And the best part about micellar water is you don’t even need to rinse! What?? Removes makeup and dirt without getting your hands wet? This ingenious skincare product does it all and makes it one of the most perfect time saving skincare products ever designed!
To use micellar water, you simply apply it on a cotton pad and just wipe it all over your face. Micellar water does not contain alcohol so you can even use it over your eyes to remove mascara. Just make sure you close them – otherwise it might sting a little. Come on, you can’t be THAT lazy. When you’re done, just throw the cotton away. That’s it!
There are several types of micellar water available on the market. These are my personal favorites.
Garnier Micellar Water from L’Oreal comes in two varieties – waterproof and regular. I have tried both and I definitely prefer the regular one. The waterproof make up one (in the blue bottle) is extremely oily and feels like you are rubbing your skin with baby oil. It left my face feeling really greasy and grimy. But the regular one (in the pink bottle) is light and refreshing. It contains no oils, alcohol, or fragrance. It is great for sensitive skin. And it’s pretty cheap. You can get it at your local grocery store, pharmacy, and you can even get a 3-pack of Garnier Micellar Water on Amazon for less than $20! This should last you all year!
I just discovered a new micellar water by a company called Insta Natural and I am hooked! It comes in a generous 8oz bottle and contains no parabens, artificial oils, or dyes. But what takes this micellar cleansing water over the top is how many beneficial ingredients it contains such as lavender, cucumber, sage, and calendula extract. This micellar water does have a little bit of a scent to it however. It is not perfumey. If I had to describe it I would say it smells kind of like paper. Weird, I know. But it is so effective at taking off my make up – even waterproof mascara and makes my skin feel so fresh and hydrated. And I love that it is gentle even for the most sensitive skin. I’m a fan! You can find InstaNatural Micellar Water on Amazon for around $16.
Time Saving Skincare Products – Mattifying Toner
I have tested and reviewed a ton of skincare products to improve my aging, oily, and zit-prone skin. Some of them were great and some of them were meh. But this one has me seriously impressed! This mattifying toner from InstaNatural (yes, the same company who makes the micellar water above) is definitely going on my top ten picks for 2016.
Here is a list of why I’m really digging this mattifying toner and tips for getting the most use out of this product:
1. It has so many natural ingredients. There are too many to list here, but some of the most beneficial ones are Vitamin E (natural healing properties and good for scars), Lemon (a natural bleaching agent which helps to lighten sun spots and even skin tone), Kaolin Clay (to absorb oil), and Lavender (heals and calms flare ups).
2. The product does separate in the bottle. You just need to give it a few shakes and you are good to go. The color and texture reminds me of Calomine lotion.
3. You can either use it on a cotton ball or in your hands. I have tried it both ways and I prefer to use it right out of the bottle with my hands. I find that the cotton ball soaks up too much product. The texture is very watery so if you use it in your hands, make sure to do it over the sink. And if you are REALLY lazy, you can just put it in a spray bottle. (I think I’m going to have to do this.)
4. You only need a small amount. Just pour a little product into your hand, rub your hands together, and rub them over dry, cleansed skin. Just make sure you make a little cup out of your palm and pour just enough to fill it up. If it runs over and spills, that is more than necessary.
5. I like to use it at night just before bed. It soaks up all the oils and sweat from sleeping and keeps your skin nice and dry when you wake up. I love this!
6. You will feel a tightening effect on your skin as it dries. Once it is dry, you should see a noticeable difference. For me, it makes my pores look much smaller and my skin is matte with no oily shine.
7. The scent is a little minty, but it is very subtle.
8. You don’t have to just use it on your face. I have also been using it on my neck, back,and chest too. In fact, I have stopped using my prescription acne medication since I have started using this product, and it has helped dry up my existing zits! And so far, I haven’t noticed any new break outs. This is a huge deal! If it keeps up, I may not have to go back to spending $50 on my Epiduo prescription anymore. That makes this product quite a bargain.
I think this toner is best suited to those with oily, acne prone skin. It might be too drying for those with sensitive or dry skin. I’ve been using it every day for about a week now and I am really loving this product. If it continues to work this well for the duration of the bottle, I will definitely purchase more when I run out.
You can find InstaNatural Mattifying Toner on Amazon for around $16.
Time Saving Skincare Products – Exfoliator
Most exfoliators are liquid with granules in them. And you usually have to get one for the face and a separate one for the body. They are not only inconvenient but can also make a mess of your tub. But this is exfoliating tool from Le’Edge is very different from anything I have ever seen.
This is a durable plastic base with a curved profile. It has a rubber grip for your fingers to rest on and a blunt stainless steel “blade” which is used to gently scrape away the dead skin cells. The blade is not sharp, but you do need to be gentle with it.
This tool is beneficial for several reasons.
1. It’s ideal for using before shaving to unclog pores and release ingrown hairs.
2. You can use it before applying sunless tanning products for a more even application.
3. Also good for using when your sunless tan starts to shed. Anyone who has used sunless tanning products knows what I’m talking about. When the tan fades, it ends up looking like dirt and you really have to scrub to get it all off. But this tool is great for that.
4. I suffer from bumps on the back of my arms and on my upper thighs and after a few uses of this exfoliating tool, I have noticed that they are getting less noticeable.
5. I like that you can use it both on your body and your face.
For best results, you will want to use this product with a cleanser or oil to make it glide evenly over your skin. And you need to be gentle. When I first used it over the lower parts of my legs, it got a little bit raw so I think I might have been pushing it too hard.
It kind of feels like you are shaving your entire body but without the risk of cutting yourself. I love seeing the dead skin on the edge of the blade. That tells me it’s working.
It was much smaller than I expected, and I think the price is really expensive. But this tool should last a lifetime and eliminates the need to buy topical exfoliators. I guess it pays for itself over time. No more grainy cleansers or loofahs for me.
Click here to learn more about Le’Edge Exfoliating tool. You can find the Le’Edge Exfoliating Tool on Amazon in pink, black, or blue for around (gulp) $70.
Have you tried any products like these? Can you think of any other super easy time saving skincare products or shortcuts for lazy people? I’d love to hear about them!
Disclosure: These products were received complimentary in exchange for my honest review, but all opinions are my own. I was not compensated for writing this post, but it does contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated a small amount if you click through and purchase. Full disclosure policy here.**