*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own and based on my personal experience. Full disclosure policy here.**
I’m a vain, mid-40’s something woman who is always looking for the latest and greatest products out there to help me in the battle with my aging skin. I saw this home microdermabrasion system from Trophy Skin advertised all over my Facebook feed recently and thought this kit would be a great fit for me. So when I had the chance to team up with them and provide my own Trophy Skin MicrodermMD review, I jumped at the chance!
But is this product the real deal or just a bunch of hype?
Are home microdermabrasion kits hip or just hype? Check out my Trophy Skin MicrodermMD review and judge for yourself! Click To Tweet
What is Microdermabrasion anyway?
A Microdermabrasion device exfoliates your skin using a diamond-tipped device which sloughs off the top layer of dead, dry skin to reveal the healthy skin underneath.
The built-in vacuum sucks up all the debris to reveal a brighter, healthier complexion.
Microdermabrasion has been widely successful in treating various skin conditions like:
- Acne and acne scars
- Reduce sun damage and age spots
- Buff away fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- And can even reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Results can usually be seen after 6 weeks of regular use.
I have all the above so maybe I should just take a bath in diamonds. Sounds luxurious in theory, but I think that would hurt.
What comes in the Trophy Skin MicrodermMD kit:
- The MicrodermMD device
- (1) Medium diamond tip
- (1) Pore/blackhead extraction tip
- (1) Infusion Tip
- (100) Replacement filters – you will need these!
- (1) Cleaning brush
- (4) Replacement rubber “O” rings
- (1) USA power adapter
- (1) Instructional DVD
How to use Trophy Skin MicrodermMD:
1. First, cleanse and dry your skin. Leave your skin bare, so that your skin is taut.
2. Make sure there is a fresh filter inside the tube before each use and ensure the diamond tip is securely pushed down on the device.
3. Press the power button and make sure the light is green.
4. Select which mode you want – auto or manual. Auto mode is suggested for beginners or first timers. Then hit the center button to start the machine.
When using auto mode, the picture on the LED screen will guide you through the steps and show you which direction to use the wand on each area of the skin. Each target area is preset with a suggested suction mode and a set window of time. Be warned, it goes fast!
5. In manual mode, you can select the suction strength with the “level” buttons. The screen will display a timer showing you how long you have been using the device.
You can use it wherever and for however long you want in manual mode. I personally prefer this mode because it allows me to take my time on the areas I’m most concerned with.
6. Hold the skin taut with one hand, and use short, smooth strokes with the wand to go over the areas of the skin. Avoid the eyelids.
7. When you’re done, use the included cleaning brush to clear off the dust, open the wand and throw away the filter.
You might be surprised at all the gunk collected in there. That means it’s working. Yay!
8. Splash your face with cool water to help close your pores and rinse off any remaining debris.
9. After your facial, you can apply your favorite serum or moisturizer and use the included infusion tip to help make your products work even better.
Check out the video of me trying out the product for the very first time and see the improvement after six weeks of use!
For best results, use the extractor tip after a hot shower when your pores are open. It’s fun!
Trophy Skin MicrodermMD Review – The Before and After Photos
The following unfiltered photos show the day I started the treatment and the results after 6 weeks of using MicrodermMD twice a week.
How does Microdermabrasion feel?
Microdermabrasion doesn’t hurt.
I would describe it like being licked by a cat or lightly going over your skin with fine sandpaper.
The microdermabrasion machine provides a more thorough exfoliation to your skin that you can’t get from regular topical exfoliators.
You can feel a difference with just one use!
The built-in vacuum suction sucks up all the dead skin cells and helps boost circulation.
Your skin should have a nice rosy glow when you’re finished.
Trophy Skin MicrodermMD Home Dermabrasion System saves you time and money
I have had microdermabrasion facials at a local Med Spa several years ago so this is not my first rodeo.
But a microdermabrasion facial can run you on average between $80 – $100+ per session and that’s only for your face.
It also takes between 6-10 sessions before you can see results, so it can get expensive real quick!
The Trophy Skin Microderm MD pays for itself after just a couple of uses. Plus you can use it anywhere on your body!
This makes it ideal for getting rid of age spots on your hands or even stretch marks on your butt.
And it’s so fast! You can do your entire face in only 5 minutes. Seriously!
Ready to take the plunge?
You can save 15% right now by visiting Trophy Skin MicrodermMD and use my coupon code: ENJOY15
And when you visit TrophySkin.com be sure to subscribe to their newsletter to be entered into their monthly product giveaway valued up to $300!
Have you ever tried Microdermabrasion? What are your skin concerns? Leave me a comment and let me know!