Wunderbrow Review and How To Video
I’ve been seeing a lot of hype over this product called Wunderbrow and I was very intrigued to learn more about this product. If you don’t know what Wunderbrow is, it is this colored gel that comes in a bottle that you can use to fill in sparse eyebrows. According to the manufacturers, this product is supposed to be transfer proof, waterproof, and you can even sleep in it.
You guys know how much I love free stuff so when I contacted the manufacturer and asked them for a sample to review, they ignored my request. Womp, Womp. But because I really wanted to try this product, I paid for it with my own money. And if you have ever thought about trying Wunderbrow Eyebrow Makeup, read on to see my real honest Wunderbrow review and how to video.[Tweet theme=”basic-full”]What is all the fuss about Wunderbrow? Check out this real honest review and video and then you can be the judge. http://wp.me/p6w96Q-zx[/Tweet]
Why I Felt the Need to Buy Wunderbrow
Due to a stupid mistake I made back in the 90s, I got my eyebrows tattooed and over the years they have faded to practically nothing. Hey, the thin arched look was very popular back then! So I have to shave them off several times a week. Then when I put foundation on, they completely disappear and I look like an alien. I would have to draw them on daily with a colored pencil and I end up looking like a Chola. Not that there’s anything wrong with that… However I am kind of an old school goth, so I just tell people that it’s a “Goth thing”. I would always be paranoid when using pencil because at the slightest touch, I would have a brown streak across my face and half of my eyebrow would go missing. How embarrassing is that?! I also had a secret fear that my face would appear on “People of Walmart” because of my weird eyebrows. Thankfully, I haven’t come across my photo on there. Yet. Below is what my eyebrows looked like for many years:
But since I am now in my early 40s and looking (and feeling) quite a bit older now, it is getting much harder to pull off. I would love to be able to grow my eyebrows back in, but since the tattoos are higher than my natural eyebrows, I can’t because it would look like I have 2 sets of eyebrows. So I was browsing around the internet trying to find a natural looking eyebrow product and came across Wunderbrow and read the rave reviews. I thought this was exactly what I need! Semi-permanent eyebrows that you can actually swim, shower and sleep in. So I reluctantly forked out the $22 for the product and bought it on Amazon. Here is my honest Wunderbrow review.
My Honest WunderBrow Review and How To…
I have burgundy/violet hair and I ordered the brunette shade. Based on the reviews I expected this to be a little darker but it is actually a medium ashy kind of brown. It would be a very flattering shade for blondes or medium toned brunettes, but for me I think it was just a little too light.
Check out my first Wunderbrow review and how to video of this product…
I was really enjoying the product, but the brunette color was just a little too light for me. So I then purchased the black/brown (yes, I spent another $22) and it is much better. The color is fairly sheer, so you will need a few coats if you want to make it darker. I had seen lots of videos and reviews at this point, and many people say they have better results applying it when they use an angled eyebrow brush. However the product is really goopy and it makes a mess of your eyebrow brush.
So I just thought why not just cut the brush? And that’s what I did. I discovered that if you cut the brush at an angle, it allows for more precise application. I just rest my elbow on the faucet which provides a steadier hand. Since I have no eyebrow hairs, I have no use for the mascara wand that comes with it, but you can and should use it to blend the product into your natural brows. If you mess up, you can use a wet q-tip to remove the goof, but you will have to do it quickly while the product is still wet. I also notice that when the product is dry, the finish is fairly matte and almost gives the appearance of hairs. Do not apply over moisturizer. Your skin should be clean and dry for best results.
Below is my 2nd Wunderbrow review of the black/brown color with more tips and tricks…
Is Wunderbrow Really Sleep, Swim, and Shower Proof?
Ok I’m going to lay it on the line for you. This is my honest opinion.
- Immediately after applying the product and it is dry, you can rub your fingers over brows and it will not come off.
- Can you swim with it? I have not had the opportunity to go swimming with the product on, but as long as you don’t rub your brows, I do believe you can swim with it and it will not come off.
- Can you shower with it? Sure as long as you don’t wash your face. But I usually wash my face in the shower and when I used a facial cleanser, a majority of the product washed off.
- Can you sleep in it? Maybe, but even then ONLY if you already have eyebrows. Did not last overnight for me.
- Overall, it does stay on really well for the first couple of hours. But in my case, after wearing the product all day (about 9 hours), I can just wipe them off with a tissue when I get home from work. The natural oils on my face allow the product to be removed easily. I don’t even need any makeup remover or cleanser. So for best results you need to have some eyebrows for the product to adhere to.
If you have difficulty removing the product, you can use an oil-based cleanser or purchase the Wunderbrow Cleanser on Amazon for around $9.
Wunderbrow Tips and Tricks
So to recap, here are my tips for getting the best use out of Wunderbrow for those of us with no eyebrows. Your results may vary!
1. Avoid any oil based moisturizer or foundation. The product works best on clean dry skin.
2. Cut the brush at an angle for a more precise application.
3. Rest your elbow on the faucet or other flat surface for a steadier hand.
4. Do the heaviest part of your brow first, followed by the tail, then meet at the arch.
5. Apply with light strokes. The product goes on a little sheer, so you can add more coats if necessary to achieve a darker look.
6. Keep some wet q-tips handy in case you goof but do it fast! Only works while the product is still wet.
7. Set the product with a light dusting of pressed or loose powder.
I purchased the product in January. It is now Mid-May and my bottle of Wunderbrow is starting to run out. I’m actually mixing the brunette and the black/brown to stretch out the product a little longer. But I’m on a very strict budget right now, so I contacted the manufacturer again and offered to write a blog post and share on social media in an attempt to get my next bottle to try free to review. And yet again, my email was ignored. Booo!!!! I’m a little disappointed, but you can’t blame a girl for trying.
In summary, I do love the way Wunderbrow looks. It still doesn’t compare to having real beautiful eyebrows, I definitely think it’s more natural looking than pencil. This product would be helpful for women with very sparse brows, those suffering from alopecia, and people who have lost their hair to chemotherapy. And while it doesn’t last overnight for me, it still lasts longer than anything else I have tried in the past. If you would like to purchase Wunderbrow, you can find it on Amazon in 4 natural looking colors shown below: Blonde, Auburn, Brunette, Black/Brown).
Disclosure: I did not receive a free product. I paid for both bottles with my own money (although Wunderbrow, if you are reading this, I’d still be open to reviewing one of your other products in exchange for a free sample!) All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for writing this post, but it does contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated a small amount if you click through and purchase. Full disclosure policy here.**